Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Milkmaid Braid Tutorial

Since it's the summer time and it's been extremely hot out, i've been becoming addicted to this hair style. It's the milkmaid braid and it looks complicated, but it's super easy to complete! :) I do advise that this is much easier with long hair. My hair is sort of long, so i have no idea the outcome of short or medium hair!

The first step is to brush out your hair. I would suggest doing this when your hair is a day or two old. Not only is it a easy updo when your hair isn't that clean, but also you don't have to use as many bobby pins because they tend to hold the hair better.


Then, you're going to part your hair (in the middle or the side, it doesn't make a huge difference. For the sake of this post, i just kept my part.) After you part it, just braid each side normally like you're braiding two braided pig tails.


Now you can skip this step, but what I like to do is pull strands of my braid to loosen it up a bit and make it look bigger, so they braid itself will look thicker once I pin it up.


Next, you're going to take one braid and wrap it around your head, making sure it's as flat against your head as possible, and is also tight to it. Then you're going to take a bobby pin and pin one on the end where your unbraided hair is and pin it to your head. You can put as many bobby pins as you feel are necessary to keep it in place, but I usually put one there, and then pin the bottom part of the braid to my head as well so it doesn't become loose.


You're going to repeat the exact same thing with the other braid. When you take it over, try and place it either in front or behind the other one you just pinned. I usually place mine in front. This not only hides the end pieces of hair from the other braid, but it also makes it look thicker.


And that's it for this hair style! If you want to, you can pull out some hair from the front as like fringe and either straighten it or curl it. I like to straighten mine because I feel it fits the hair style better, but curling it looks cute too!



And voila! The final product :) I hope you guys enjoyed and thought this was a helpful tutorial! If you have any questions or suggestions, just leave a comment below! Thanks :)




No comments:

Post a Comment