Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Smokey Eye Tutorial

Hi guys! So I've realized I haven't posted anything in awhile, i've just been so busy. However, today I had a lot of free time so I decided to do a smokey eye tutorial for you, so i'm just going to dive right in! (I do want to apologize, as you guys will see, I have not done my eyebrows today so they look a bit rough)

First, you have to prim your eyelid. I used CoverGirl eye primer. You don't necessarily have to do this step, I just find it makes the eye shadow stay on longer and not get everywhere.


The next step is to apply winged eyeliner. I suggest using liquid eyeliner, I found it tends not to smudge as the day goes on. I used Maybelline's master precise liquid pen. You want to make it kind of high and thick because it does blend into the smokey part.



The next step is to find a good black. I stick to more solid blacks, and stay away from the shimmery and sparkly ones, mainly because I feel those would be better if you were going for a night out to like a club or something, which I do not do. I got my color from a palate I bought from Forever 21 a couple of years ago.


Then, you're gonna go ahead and apply one dot of the black on the outer corner of your eye. You can choose to either use a brush, or your finger will do just fine. Sometimes, I feel the finger can be a little hard, but if you can get it, it looks the best using your finger.


Then you're going to add another one, going along the line of where your crease is. Now keep in mind, you don't want to add a whole lot of product at first because it is black. If at the end you find it too light, you can go back and touch it up, but you don't really want it too dark.


Next, add one more dot and kind of swoop it along your crease line very lighting so it doesn't awkwardly stop in the middle of your eye.



You can go back and touch it up a bit, add some highlight to your brow bone, the you just add mascara and you're all finished!


I really hope you enjoyed this, and I hope I explained each step thoroughly. It's honestly not that hard once you get the hang of it! If you guys have any questions, or if I was unclear in some areas, just leave a comment below and I'll get back as soon as possible :) Also if you have any other suggestions leave those comments as well!!




No comments:

Post a Comment